Evidence suggests there are five steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing.
If you approach them with an open mind and try them out, you can judge the results yourself and enjoy your summer time, tips are a great way to get you started and going for the best summer ever. Have fun and enjoy summer 2015.
- connect – connect with the people around you: your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Spend time developing these relationships.
- be active – you don’t have to go to the gym. Take a walk, go cycling or play a game of football. Find the activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life.
- keep learning – learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence. So why not sign up for that cooking course, start learning to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike
- give to others – even the smallest act can count, whether it’s a smile, a thank you or a kind word. Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can improve your mental wellbeing and help you build new social networks.
- be mindful – be more aware of the present moment, including your feelings and thoughts, your body and the world around you. Some people call this awareness “mindfulness”, and it can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.
Thank you for reading.